Next time I'll remember to actually mix in the chocolate chips, and they'll be better distributed.
These are on the healthier side of "healthy-ish" and we like them! Sometimes I find myself with extra cottage cheese to use up, and this recipe will be a keeper for that purpose.
The only change I made from the original recipe was to omit the espresso powder. I'm sure it would have been delicious, but I don't have any and also I'm too sensitive to caffeine to start putting it in my muffins.
The Recipe (from Real Life Nutritionist):
2 1/4 c oats
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c cottage cheese
1/2 milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 avocado oil
1/2 c chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients in blender except chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop into muffin tin
- Bake at 350 for about 23 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
The Verdict:
Overall grade: B+
Overall reason: Texture is a bit rubbery from the blender, and would be better with the espresso powder that the original recipe called for
Time to prepare: 6 minutes, plus baking time
Husband quote: "The children will be happy about this"
Comments
Post a Comment